Extra Virgin olive Oil - The best Australian olives
red island and njoi extra virgin olive oils are products of the pristine Australian environment and warm Mediterranean climate. The red island company very carefully selects its olive oils from a variety of Australian groves. We know the growers and choose the best oils each season, bringing together the most exciting oils from diverse regions of the vast Australian landscape. That's why our oils are so distinctive.
Australian oils are different from those in Europe and sport unique flavours. The key difference between Australian olive oils and European oils, is how they are made, and this directly affects how they taste and therefore how the oils can be used:
- In Australia we grow trees differently; this means we can harvest our olives quickly to make very fresh premium oils. redisland olives are pressed and made into oil within 8 hours of harvesting them from the tree.
- Our oils are counter-seasonal to Europe 's oils. Australian oils are freshly produced in the European summer, rather than its winter.
- Certain olive tree cultivars behave differently here so we can produce unusual but desirable flavours and aromas.
- Our oils tend to have a freshness and we don't generally produce heavy viscous oils. Many people prefer oils with a lighter texture but that's a point of personal taste.
- In Australia we are geared up for quality not quantity. We produce very little oil that is not extra virgin quality.
The bottom line - technicalities aside - is that food should be enjoyed! And there can be no better way to enhance a meal than with a top-quality premium EVOO. njoi!